- In order to meet the increasing demand of the customers, ABBANK conducted a strong reform of structure and human resource to focus on the specialize commercial banking business.
- ABBANK increased the chartered capital to VND 70,04 billion.
- Electricity Corporation of Vietnam (EVN) became a strategic shareholder of ABBANK. Other major shareholders including: PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC), Hanoi genaral Export Import Corporation (GELEXIMCO).
- The charter capital from VND 165 billion in the begining of the year to VND 1,131 billion at the end of the year.
- ABBANK signed a strategic cooperation with Agribank and other affiliates and subsidiaries of EVN such as: PC1, PC2, PC3
- ABBANK became a member of PayNet. Also, the charter capital of ABBANK increased to VND 2,300 billion.
- ABBANK successfully deployed the core banking system (Core Banking) in the operation throughout the system.
- Maybank officially became the foreign strategic partner of ABBANK with the ownership of 15%.
- ABBANK increased the charter capital to VND 2,705 billion.
- In July 2009, ABBANK increased the charter capital to VND 2,805 billion.
- In September 2009, ABBANK officially relocated the new Head Office at 170 Hai Ba Trung, Da kao Ward, District 1.
- In December 2009, ABBANK officially increased the charter capital to VND 3,482 bilion.
- ABBANK ‘s network reached 115 transaction sites covering 29 provinces and cities nationwide.
- ABBANK successfully issued 600,000 convertible bonds and 390,000 ordinary bonds for the International Finanancial Company (IFC) and Maybank.
- In December 2010, ABBANK increased the chartered to VND 3,831 billion.
- In September 2011, ABBANK launched the international credit card - ABBANK VIsa Credit.
- On November 30, 2011 ABBANK official increased its charter capital to VND 4,200billion through the issuance of bonus shares to existing shareholders from the equity fund surplus.
- As of December 2011, the ABBANK's transaction network reached 133 transaction sites spread across 29 provinces nationwide.